What is Fraxel® DUAL?
Fraxel DUAL laser treatment is the premier Fraxel system for non-ablative skin resurfacing and rejuvenation, delivering remarkable results with minimal downtime. The laser’s 1550 nm and 1927 nm wavelengths, combined with proprietary advancements in optical technology, enables patients to uncover the skin of their youth with minimal disruption to their daily routine.
How does it work?
Fraxel® DUAL uses patented fractional technology to target damaged skin with microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into the skin. The laser treats only a fraction of tissue at a time, leaving the surrounding tissue untouched, which promotes rapid healing. This stimulates your body’s own natural healing process, replacing the old and damaged cells with fresh, glowing, healthy skin.
What FDA clearances has the Fraxel DUAL treatment received?
- Photo damage
- Mild to moderate periorbital wrinkles
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
- Actinic Keratosis
What results can be expected with the Fraxel® DUAL treatment?
- Improved skin tone and texture and other more superficial signs of ageing
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Reduce appearance of unwanted brown spots
- Improved appearance of acne scars and surgical scars
- Improved appearance of stretch marks
- Effective treatment of pre-cancerous lesions (actinic keratosis)
- Excellent treatment for face, neck, chest, arms, legs and back.
- Results are immediate and progressive and improve over the course of treatment
How many Fraxel DUAL treatments are in the typical treatment regimen?
Clinical studies suggest that on average, an effective treatment regimen is 3 to 5 sessions spaced about 4 weeks apart. Depending on the patient’s condition and schedule, treatments may be spaced further apart. Results are both immediate and progressive, with optimal improvement usually visible in 1 to 2 months. This time frame and treatment structure allow for complete healing and the production of new collagen and elastin to replace damaged tissue.